Precautionary measures concerning COVID-19 pandemic
As hoteliers, what we care most is to provide you high standard services. New circumstances though have created an unprecedented situation in which we all need to comply. New arrangements have been taken, new hygiene protocols have been implemented and our personnel are carefully trained to ensure health and safety on both sides.
The preparation phase has already started and the following additional actions have already been conducted in addition to the lockdown phase requirements. More specifically:
1. All cleaning staff have been screened for potential infection before resuming cleaning activities
2. It has been conducted a detailed cleaning schedule and developed protocols for cleaning requirements for all areas
3. All staff have been trained effectively on the new schedule and protocols
4. All areas have been cleaned in accordance with the cleaning schedule and protocols
5. The effectiveness of cleaning have been checked both visually and where possible quantitative methods
6. All arrangements are in place to ensure that there is an adequate supply of cleaning chemicals, equipment and disinfectant for both operational and emergency situations
1. There has been established an infection control team and control requirements have been met
2. The infection control team has checked that procedures and systems developed during lockdown are comprehensive. Whenever needed, alterations were made.
3. All staff confirmed health status and readiness to return to work
4. All arrangements are in place for the safe handling of potentially waste
Hand Hygiene Arrangements
1. Hand washing and hand sanitization stations are located at key locations (entrances, public areas, dining areas, gyms, staff areas)
2. Signage and information systems are in place to ensure that guests, staff and visitors are aware of hand hygiene
3. All staff have been given training on effective hand washing and general hygiene
Respiratory Hygiene Arrangements
1. Surgical masks are available for both infection control activities and also issuing to potentially infected persons
2. New procedures have been established for maintaining social distancing requirements in accordance with local governmental advice
3. Where possible, temporary distance markings have been created in areas that subject to queuing (e.g. reception, food service)
4. All tables and sitting areas have been set up to ensure a minimal social distancing can be achieved between family groups
Buffet / Dining Arrangements
1. Where possible, dining arrangements have been altered to a la carte service
2. The capacity of the restaurant/dining area has been adjusted to ensure social distancing measures are effective
3. If buffet service is being provided, additional hygiene measures have been implemented. More specifically:
a. Manned service stations
b. Enhanced sneeze guards
c. Hand hygiene precautions
d. Dedicated service groups
e. Phased dining groups
4. Condiments and dispensing arrangements have been modified to ensure that cross contamination risk is reduced (single use portions, manned/table service)
1. Increased cleaning regimes have been established in all public areas
2. High risk areas, such as entertainment areas, have been considered for closure or restricted operational hours
3. All staff have been trained on maintaining social distancing
4. Reception staff have been trained on providing guests with the appropriate information upon arrival
5. Discrete physical barrier / screening have been considered for the protection of reception/concierge staff
6. All information regarding infection control is translated in guest appropriate language
7. Non essential items that make effective cleaning difficult in public areas have been removed
8. One-way systems have been implemented to prevent the flow of guests from different areas creating congestion and reduce social distancing effect
Children’s Clubs & Play Areas
1. Children areas have been considered for closure or restricted operation hours
2. All children clubs have staff trained on infection control procedures
3. Signing in procedures are designed to identify potentially symptomatic children and exclude where necessary
4. Suitable hand hygiene facilities are available in children’s areas
5. All non essential items that are difficult to keep clean have been removed from these areas
Gym, Spa & Recreational Areas
1. Gym, Spa and Recreational Areas have been considered for closure or restricted operational hours
2. Hand, personal hygiene, and self cleaning facilities are in place within these areas
3. All staff is trained and equipped to maintain the cleaning protocols required in these areas
4. Spa staff have been trained on appropriate hygiene / infection control precautions associated with the treatments provided
5. Removal/modification of all entertainment activity that involves bodily contact have been considered
1. Cleaning and disinfection protocols are in place for the transportation services used for both guests and staff
2. Any social distancing requirements have been maintained in vehicle use, including capacity management, queuing and seating arrangements
1. All pool systems have been brought back to fully operational conditions, including water treatment and chemical characteristics
2. Water has been subject to chemical analysis and laboratory testing to ensure safe for use upon re-opening
Water Safety & Legionella Prevention
1. All water systems have been fully flushed and checked for the correct level of disinfection
2. Water has been tested for chemical characteristics and laboratory tested
3. Where necessary, the water has been subject to hyperchlorination or heat treatment
The Management Team
Tags: #Modifyyourbooking #dontcancel #supporttourism
Precautionary measures concerning COVID-19 pandemic.
We are a step far from the formal re-opening of our hotel. So we would like to inform you about the precautionary measures we have taken in order to maintain your health and safety concerning COVID-19 pandemic.
We inform you that our personnel have received all the necessary information and training about COVID-19 and the enhanced procedures. Our staff is ready to implement infection prevention measures along with the necessary information to our customers. All our staff knows their role, regardless of department they work in.
Trained Team Managing the Risk
We inform you that our trained team managing the risk in case of COVID-19 situation is in place and will be monitoring every day that all enhanced procedures are applied and work effectively. If there is a need for a modification in a procedure, the revised procedure will be implemented immediately.
Below, you can see the COVID-19 response checklist concerning the re-opening phase.
⮚ We have engaged a trained team to manage a COVID-19 strategy tactic
⮚ We have created a crisis management plan
⮚ We have enhanced procedures and systems in place
⮚ Our guests symptoms will be monitored closely to provide early detection and implementation of emergency plan
⮚ All local infection indicators will be monitored as well to assess the level of overall infection risk
⮚ All hotel facilities are available to test personnel and guests for potential symptoms
⮚ All operating systems are in place to communicate issues and concerns to key stakeholders (e.g. tour operators)
⮚ All guest and personnel communication is ready to ensure call-to-action infection procedures effectively.
⮚ Any arrangement with relevant third party (e.g. tour operators, concession stores, excursion providers) is developed to ensure that infection control arrangements are not violated
⮚ We have developed a guest communication policy
Our Hotel Management Team
Precautionary measures concerning COVID-19 pandemic.
In a few days our hotel will be fully operational again and all additional arrangements concerning COVID-19 pandemic are in place and continue to ensure your safety and health.
We update our hygiene protocols according to formal instructions and our plan continues to be implemented. In case any problem arises, immediate actions would be:
1. To record an illness
2. To monitor closely its development
3. To implement emergency procedures immediately, if needed
Below, you can find all additional arrangements verifying our hygiene status.
Verification of Status
1. All standards in the following areas have been audited and verified:
a. Prevention of spread of infection
b. Food hygiene and health
c. Water safety and legionella prevention
d. Pool/Spa hygiene and safety
e. Room cleaning and housekeeping
2. Any suspicious incident will be maintained and recorded
3. All communications systems are in place to provide ongoing status reports to tour operators
Crisis Managements and Business Continuity
1. All procedures and systems are in place to ensure that the hotel has a crisis management and business continuity plan
2. All additional arrangements are in place for implementing quarantine, separation or isolation required by national protocol standards.
Our Hotel Management Team